You will receive an accurate picture of body composition and training status in seconds. Every muscle growth and every fat degradation is immediately visible. This package includes an idmatch bike fit, a seca TRU scan, an interpretation, a nutrition consult & a diet program from a Licensed nutritionist & Registered dietitian.
What does a body composition analysis measure and how does it aid my health?
With a body composition analysis, you can see, among other things, how much muscle mass, fat mass, and water your body is composed of. Therefore, if you want to lose weight, exercise or live a healthier life then a body composition analysis offers much more information, and more meaningful information, than just stepping on a scale. You can better assess your progress and achieve your goals more easily. You can see at a glance whether you have too much fat mass and/or too little muscle mass. In progress measurements you can see whether a dietary change or an exercise program is successful. Seeing initial progress in muscle development or fat reduction increases your confidence and is extremely motivating. A measurement shows exactly when fat and muscle mass are in the green, healthy range. For the process your age, gender, and height will be taken into account. With measurements per arm, leg, and the torso you can recognize muscle imbalances, e.g. legs that have not been exercised enough.
How do I have to prepare for a measurement?
For comparable measurement results, similar measurement conditions must always be present. Bioimpedance analysis (BIA) is a sensitive measurement method. If you take one measurement before a lavish lunch and another immediately after, the results will not give an accurate representation. So it is important to note the following points for accurate and comparable measurements.
- Measure yourself at the same time of day (e.g. in the morning, afternoon or night).
- For customers that measure first thing in the morning, it's recommend not eating before the measurement (i.e. 8-10 hours), to ensure consistency. For customers that measure in the afternoon, it would recommend they avoid eating 2-3 hours before the measurement, as consuming food right before a measurement can affect the fat mass parameter.
- Alcohol should be avoided 12-24 hours before the measurement.
- Do not drink large quantities of liquid before the measurement. (<200ml is fine)
- Empty your bladder and bowels before the measurement.
This helps reduce any potential variations in measurements due to differences in fluid levels.
- Rest: Do NOT exercise the day of your measurement. No intensive exercise should have taken place the day prior. Do NOT measure during an exercise or immediately following under any circumstances. You may participate in light exercise > 12 hours prior to the test.
- Menstrual cycles should be taken into account when choosing the measurement time. During or shortly before menstruation, water retention can occur, which affects the measurement results.
- Clothing & Attire:
Wear minimal, form-fitting clothing (do not wear clothes that are loose or baggy).
Remove any metal objects, such as jewelry or watches, which could interfere with the measurements.
- NO pacemaker or similar implanted devices.
Recommended at least 4-6 weeks between measurements
What is the interpretation?
A review of your measurements with a Registered Dietitian (RD) explaining the significance of your results. The in-house RD will also provide guidance and nutrition recommendations based on the measurements, health and performance goals.
What is idmatch?
idmatch offers cutting-edge measuring systems - the result of scientific studies and researches - that provide users with precise and reliable tools. idmatch is a combination of science and innovation that makes it both reliable and easily accessible to all. Using algorithms, it can be adapted to each type of user, with the aim of guaranteeing the final consumer maximum comfort and wellbeing.
To ensure you're fully prepared for the session, here's a checklist of items you'll need to bring:
- Jersey, bibs, and shoes
- Bike (if you have it)
- Please avoid bringing reflective clothing.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out.